At Napier Port, we are clear about our purpose; together, we build a thriving region by connecting our customers, people and community to the world. We understand our role in the region and within the national transport network. We know that by supporting a thriving regional economy, and by actively growing regional outcomes, our community, our country and our shareholders benefit.
The Assets & Infrastructure Team have consistently supported a dynamic operation and delivered resiliency and operational excellence. To elevate this further we are placing a greater importance on a whole of port approach to reliability, efficiency and the leveraging of shared resources to enable broader activities.
Reporting to the Technical Operations Manager and providing capability across multiple business units, the Technical & Reliability Specialist is a key enabler of delivering on our operational objectives by gaining deeper level insight through the use of data and technology to extract value and optimize performance of plant and equipment.
· Champion reliability initiatives using data and technology for deeper equipment insights.
· Optimize maintenance systems for measurable benefits.
· Act as a key liaison between Napier Port and equipment stakeholders, fostering ethical relationships.
· Deliver effective operational planning to maximise efficiency.
· Conduct defect and fault trend analysis
· Generate proactive and predictive maintenance initiatives aligned with strategic objectives.
· Lead CMMS capability for effective maintenance coordination.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to promote a "One Team" culture.
· Generate reliability initiatives to reduce critical risks.
· Contribute to regulatory compliance across port functions as they relate to the management of assets.
· Provide insight for decision-making aligned with sustainability objectives.
· Contribute to cost reduction strategies.
· Work collaboratively across groups, sharing knowledge for continuous improvement.
· Provide insights for replacement and renewal projects.
The Technical and Reliability Specialist will have experience in technical operations pre-planning and forecasting, coordination of technical activities, and vendor and service provider governance.
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit an online application today.
Applications close Friday 8th December 2023.
Must have current eligibility to work in NZ.