Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to everyone going home safely after their shift. We also believe in developing and growing our people for the future, we value diversity in our staff and creative thinking.
We’re looking for an HR Advisor with 1-3 years’ experience to join our Culture and Community team. Reporting to the Senior HR Advisor, the HR Advisor is responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives, as well as providing coaching and support to leaders across the organisation.
Key priorities for the role include:
· Recruitment and on-boarding processes e.g. advertising roles, managing the online recruitment system, interviewing and running pre-employment checks
· Day to day service and advice to managers on human resource and employee relations
· Contribute to ongoing development and improvement of the ports human resources processes
· Develop and maintain the training and development framework
· Provide support for CEA employee relations
· Provide cover for Payroll
· Continuous improvement and streamlining of processes and procedures
The successful candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Management, Human Resources, Commerce) and some Human Resources experience (preferably in an operational environment). We are seeking a quick learner – someone able to multi-task and deliver in a busy environment, with strong attention to detail and internal service. This person will be an excellent relationship builder with strong communication skills and a focus on continuous improvement.
If you think this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.