The Port will use its best endeavours to offer stevedoring and marshalling services on statutory holidays (excluding Christmas Day) if required, subject to the following criteria:
1. The line or its agent advising in writing to Cargo Services (Container Administrators or 2 Wharf Office) advance notification of the intention that cargo handling services will be required not less than 72 hours prior to the intended commencement of operations.
2. For crane and forklift drivers, a $74.25 per man per hour surcharge (minimum payment 8 hours). For stevedoring, $2,300.00 per gang/crane surcharge per shift.
3. Subject to labour availability.
4. Christmas Day – No services will be offered from 0001 hours on December 25th to 0600 hours on December 26th.
5. The charges as described are subject to change if the Holidays Act 2003 is changed by Government legislation.
6. Days defined as statutory holidays are: Anzac Day, Queen’s Birthday, Hawke’s Bay Anniversary Day, Labour Day, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day, Day after New Year’s Day, Waitangi Day, Easter Friday, and Easter Monday