We’ve prepared comprehensive and best practice management plans to manage any potential adverse effects from planned construction and dredging.
These plans build on the technical studies we commissioned pre-consent and include:
- Marine Wildlife Management Plan to ensure we avoid, mitigate or remedy the potential for adverse effects on marine mammals.
- Avian Management Plan to ensure we protect birdlife, such as the kororā or little blue penguin that nests on-port.
- Dredging and Disposal Management Plan that outlines our dredging programme and how we will avoid or mitigate against adverse effects and monitor compliance with the consents.
- Water Quality Management Plan to address how we will manage the impacts of dredging on water quality.
- Biosecurity Management Plan that identifies how we will avoid the incursion of unwanted organisms in the marine environment.
- Marine Cultural Health Programme Development Plan prepared in consultation with the Mana Whenua Steering Komiti. The development plan outlines how Napier Port and the Komiti will establish a detailed marine cultural health implementation plan to ensure the cultural health of the marine environment, in particular Pānia Reef, is surveyed, monitored and reported upon.
- Traffic Management Plan to outline how the additional traffic generated by the development of the new wharf at Napier Port, will be managed.
- Construction Noise Management Plan to outline how we will manage land-based construction noise as well underwater noise.