As we move to Alert Level 3, Port Pass card collections will continue to be suspended until further notice.
If you do not yet have a Port Pass card, you will be allowed to access Napier Port so long as you have:
- A valid health and safety induction
- A valid form of photo identification
- A sound business reason for accessing Napier Port
If you do not have a valid health and safety induction, you can obtain one by completing a Port Pass application at here.
Port Pass upgrade coming
We recently conducted a review of our Port Pass application process and have made a change to make this process quicker and easier for new applications. This upgrade will go live on the Port Pass website from Wednesday 22 April.
The new Port Pass application process will work as follows:
Applicants will now be able to complete the health and safety induction prior to their application payment being received and processed. Specifically, once a registration has been submitted, an online health and safety link will automatically pop up on the Port Pass page with the applicant’s username and password. This will allow the applicant to complete the health and safety induction straight away.
If the applicant chooses not to complete the health and safety induction immediately, they will also receive an email with their username and password details and a link to the induction for completion at a later time.
Remaining steps required for a Port Pass card collection
The remaining steps will still need to be completed before an applicant can collect their Port Pass card:
- An applicant must validate their email address. An email will be sent to the applicant’s registered email address as part of the application process.
- A company administrator must acknowledge an applicant’s employment and accept payment for their Port Pass card by paying online with a credit or debit card ONLY.
- An applicant’s uploaded photo must be approved by the Port Pass team.
- Once the above steps are complete, the applicant will receive an email to ‘Collect Access Card’.
If you have any questions about Port Pass, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.