When accessing Napier Port, you must provide photo identification as proof of identity. Please keep your photo identification on you at all times while on port, as you may be asked to produce it at any time.
The following credentials are acceptable for the purpose of establishing identity:
- A military identification card
- An identification card issued by a New Zealand Government department, government agency, or the New Zealand Defence Force
- A driver’s licence issued by the New Zealand Land Transport Safety Authority
- A seafarer’s identity document issued by a contracting government or flag state administration
- A valid passport
- An identification credential issued by a port facility operator
- An identification credential issued by a recognised company, union, or trade association
- Other forms of identification approved by the Napier Port Chief Executive.
A photo identity is only acceptable if it contains:
- The holder’s full name
- The holder’s photograph
- The name of the issuing authority
- The identification must be protected against being tampered with (for example, be laminated).