The Port Pass ID and access system is part of our wider efforts to make port induction and access as streamlined as possible for our regular Napier Port users.
It is now compulsory for everyone on port to have a Port Pass card. In line with Maritime NZ compliance requirements, anyone accessing the port via the Western Gate or Eastern Gate must swipe their Port Pass card to enter and exit the port.
Port Pass Card Collection
Please bring the same ID used in your registration application as proof of identity and collect your card from one of the two collection locations:
Main collection location (available 24/7) – Napier Port Eastern Gate Port Security
Important: Please note when collecting from Eastern Gate Port Security:
- Stop at the pre-check swipe and use the intercom to advise Port Security you are there to collect your card
- Port Security will instruct you to pull over to the left side, exit your vehicle and use the pedestrian crossing to cross the road. Security will meet you at the turnstile and collect your photo ID.
- Once you card has been printed you ill be given access to the port.
Accessing the port via Eastern Gate Port Security with your Port Pass card:
- Each time you visit the port via the Eastern Gate you must pre-swipe your Port Pass card.
– Green light – Proceed
– Red light – Pull over to the left side
Secondary location – Western Gate gatehouse
- Entry via Lane 1 for container truck drivers / Port Pack destined truck drivers
- Driver to access the gatehouse through the driver’s entrance
- Once your card has been printed you will be given access to the port.
Port Main Building collection by arrangement only. Please contact Port Pass Support on +64 (6) 833 4444 to make the necessary arrangements.
Port Pass Company Administration and Port User Procedures
Port Pass Company Administrators are responsible for managing their own company’s Port Pass card holders, including their H&S induction and renewal process, and maintaining updated contact details. A Company Administration & Port User Procedures user manual is available to download here.
Port Pass Support
If you have any questions or experience any issues with Port Pass or the registration process, please contact the Port Pass team via email: email@example.com or phone: 0800 767 877.