Caring for Hawke’s Bay’s economy, people and environment
Our sponsorships help us to meet our economic, social and environmental responsibilities and are focused in the following areas:
- Economic partner: Napier Port will consider supporting initiatives that can help grow the Hawke’s Bay economy.
- Industry awards and conferences: Where a port, supply chain or customer-related industry is celebrating success, Napier Port will consider sponsorship.
- Coastal environment. We are interested in supporting coastal or estuarine environmental restoration projects.
Building strong communities
- Iwi/ hapū community: We will consider partnering with an iwi or hapū group in Te Matau a Māui or mana whenua within the Te Whanganui-a-Orotū on environmental or social projects.
- Water safety and recreation: Where a community group within Hawke’s Bay is undertaking an activity on or near the water, particularly with a safety focus, Napier Port will consider sponsorship.
- Maritime connection: We are proud of our maritime history and will consider sponsoring any initiative that celebrates Hawke’s Bay’s maritime activities.
When assessing a sponsorship opportunity we also look to partner with organisations, initiatives and events which provide Napier Port with a good opportunity to leverage the sponsorship.
We do not sponsor or donate to:
- Political parties or advocacy groups
- Private schools
- Third parties raising funds for charity
- Initiatives or events that promote alcohol, smoking, violence, use of firearms, harm to the environment or community, gambling/betting, illegal or high-risk activities (for example extreme sports, motor-racing and hunting).
- Conference attendance
- Construction projects
Please note, we do put aside a small percentage of our sponsorship budget to support Napier Port staff to keep healthy, well and safe at work.
Funding application process and sponsorship intakes
We have two sponsorship intakes each year. Our sponsorship rounds in the 2018-19 financial year are as follows:
- Round one, September 2018 – Applications will be taken from 1 October 2018 with the deadline for submissions 31 October 2018. Applicants will be contacted in November about the outcome of their submission.
- Round two, April 2019 – Sponsorship applications will be taken from 1 April 2019 with the deadline for submissions 30 April 2019. Applicants will be contacted in May about the outcome of their submission.
If you believe that your sponsorship is right for Napier Port, please fill in the Sponsorship Application Form here.