Napier Port is planning ahead.
As Hawke’s Bay’s economy grows, Napier Port is growing too. Growth is welcome, but it creates challenges that we need to plan for – larger ships, a significant uplift in cargo and the congestion that creates.
We’re reviewing the shape of our master plan, which guides our investment in infrastructure, equipment and capability in the years ahead. The key objectives of the plan are to:
- Drive supply chain and port efficiency;
- Facilitate growing cargo volumes;
- Help our region thrive;
- Identify and secure important supply channels – road, rail and sea;
- Enhance and protect our environment through sustainable practices; and
- Engage all our stakeholders in Napier Port’s future vision.