Napier Port is planning ahead.
As Hawke’s Bay’s economy grows, Napier Port is growing too. Growth is welcome, but it creates challenges that we need to plan for – larger ships, a significant uplift in cargo and the congestion that creates.
Napier Port is reviewing the shape of our master plan, which guides our investment in infrastructure, equipment and capability in the years ahead. Planning tomorrow’s port is a partnership, and Napier Port is working closely with customers to understand their aspirations and what that means for their future port and logistics requirements. We are talking to regulators, local and central government, business and industry groups, along with our local community, to build a strong understanding of their expectations and the future trade landscape.
The key objectives of the new Port Master Plan are to:
- Drive supply chain and port efficiency
- Facilitate growing cargo volumes
- Help our region thrive
- Identify and secure important supply channels – road, rail and sea
- Enhance and protect our environment through sustainable practices, and
- Engage all our stakeholders in Napier Port’s future vision