As we combat the COVID-19 outbreak, the move to Alert Level 4 will see some temporary changes to Port Pass services at Napier Port.
As an essential lifeline service, Napier Port will continue to operate during Alert Level 4. You will be able to apply online for a Port Pass as usual, but will only be able to collect your card after the Level 4 alert has been lifted.
If you are working in an essential industry and do not yet have a Port Pass card, you will be allowed to access Napier Port so long as you have:
- A valid health and safety induction (see instructions below)
- A valid form of photo identification
- A sound business reason for accessing Napier Port
To get a valid health and safety induction, please:
1. Apply for a Port Pass card at portpass.co.nz
2. Validate your email
3. Follow up with your company administrator to pay the invoice.
4. You will then receive a health and safety induction to complete.
5. Present the induction certificate to Security, either in hard copy or on your phone, along with your form of ID
If you are working in an essential service and have a query about Port Pass, please contact our team at email@example.com. We’ll be back in contact in four weeks with an update. Until then, stay safe and take care of yourselves and your family.